Peanut Butter Blossom
Wonderful, delicious Peanut Butter Blossom cookies for various occasions. Nice looking and especially sweet!
How to make peanut butter blossom?
Try peanut butter blossom cookies. They are really delicious!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Blossom
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 180g
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, room temp 67g
- 3/4 cup peanut butter 188g
- 1/2 cup sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 100g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5mL
- 1 egg large, room temp
- 3/4 tsp baking powder 3g
- 36 chocolate kisses
Peanut butter blossom video recipe
How to make peanut butter blossom full recipe
Video recipes are great when you need a visual comparison to how you are doing. Written step-by-step instructions, on the other hand, are handy when you want to double-check the details.
So, we added both!
Down below, you’ll find a peanut butter blossom recipe as well as some tips that’ll help you keep on track!
Peanut butter blossom recipe: step-by-step instructions
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl then whisk together.
2. Add the butter, peanut butter, brown and white sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer and beat with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla.
4. Mix in the flour; beat until combined. You can cover and chill if you’re making the dough in advance but the cookies can be rolled and baked immediately.
6. Roll the chilled dough in your clean palms. Each ball should be roughly the same size. I like to go for just a little over an inch in diameter.
7. OPTIONAL: roll in sugar. I like to use a larger grained sanding sugar for more crunch and sparkle but granulated sugar works well too.
7. Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon sheet. You can see how colorful the cookies are when you roll them in different sanding sugars.
8. Bake at 375F for about 7 minutes then remove and place your kiss in the middle of each cookie, pressing gently. Bake an additional 3 minutes and allow to cool before eating.
A few extra tips
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don’t have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- Rolling in sugar is optional but it gives an extra crunch and bit of sparkle which is nice.
- You can roll the cookies in colored sanding sugar for a more festive holiday treat.
- Peanut butter blossom will be VERY soft just out of the oven so let them rest for a while; when cooled they will be firm enough to handle and quite delicious.
- You can make and chill the dough a few days in advance but allow it to warm up a bit before rolling as it will be quite firm.
- You don’t have to use a chocolate kiss for the center of the cookies. Any chocolate you enjoy will work.