S'mores Cake Recipe
Looking for delicious and indulgent desserts? Look no further than smores cake recipe! Whether you’re planning a special occasion like a s’mores birthday cake or simply craving a sweet treat, s’mores cake is a crowd-pleasing option. With layers of moist chocolate cake, gooey marshmallow filling, and a graham cracker crust, this s’mores cake recipe captures the nostalgic flavors of everyone’s favorite campfire treat. Best of all, it’s surprisingly easy to make. With a few simple ingredients and some basic baking techniques, you can whip up an irresistible and easy s’mores cake that will have everyone asking for seconds.
For the cake:
For the crumble:
For the Buttercream:
For the Fluff:
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
How to make S'mores Cake?
For the Cake:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare three 6-inch cake pans by greasing them with butter and lightly flouring them. For an even baking experience, I highly recommend using cake strips as well. These simple steps ensure that your cakes will come out perfectly baked and ready for the delicious S’mores cake recipe ahead.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk them together until well combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, vanilla extract, and sour cream. This step ensures that the dry ingredients are evenly distributed and that the buttermilk, vanilla, and sour cream are well incorporated into the S’mores cake batter.
3. In a stand mixer, cream the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar, and mix until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Continue mixing until the mixture is well combined and creamy.
4. Gradually add the dry flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture to the batter in alternating batches, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix each addition until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula to ensure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans and smooth the tops. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The cakes should be golden brown and spring back when lightly touched.
For the Buttercream:
1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar in batches, beating well after each addition, until fully incorporated. Drizzle in the melted chocolate and continue mixing until well combined. If the buttercream is too thick, you can add cream or milk, one tablespoon at a time, until you achieve the desired consistency.
For the Fluff:
1. In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup of sugar and corn syrup. Heat the mixture over medium-high heat. Use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature. Once the temperature reaches 240°F, carefully pour the mixture into the egg whites.
2. In a stand mixer, begin beating the egg whites on low speed, gradually increasing to medium-high speed. Add 1/3 cup of sugar while the egg whites are stiffening. Once you reach the soft peak stage, slowly drizzle in the 240°F sugar syrup into the mixer.
3. Allow the mixer to run for approximately 10 minutes to allow the fluff to cool. You can use it immediately, but if the fluff loses its texture, give it a good whisk or run the mixer for a few seconds to bring it back.
For the Crumble:
1. Combine the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs thoroughly. Spread the mixture to approximately 1/4-inch thickness on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven at 350°F and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until a slight browning occurs. Allow the mixture to cool, then gently crumble it, ensuring that some larger pieces are retained for texture.
1. Begin by piping a ring of chocolate buttercream on each cake layer, then fill the center with marshmallow fluff. Sprinkle a generous amount of graham cracker crumble over the fluff and drizzle melted chocolate on top.
2. Apply a thin crumb coat to the assembled cake and refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes to allow it to set.
3. Once the crumb coat is set, coat the cake with a layer of chocolate buttercream, using an offset spatula to smooth the edges.
4. Press graham cracker crumbs onto the bottom third of the cake, creating a textured border. Then, pipe dollops of marshmallow fluff onto the top of the cake.
5. For a finishing touch, use a torch to lightly toast the marshmallow fluff, giving it a deliciously caramelized appearance.
6. Your s’mores cake is now ready to be served and enjoyed!
- If you’re using pans larger than 6 inches, you will need to adjust the recipe accordingly. Double the recipe for 8-inch pans or triple it for 9-inch pans.
- For an extra layer of texture and flavor, I highly recommend adding graham cracker crumble between each cake layer. The delightful crunch it brings will leave you craving more!
- If you don’t have sour cream on hand, feel free to substitute it with whole milk yogurt. It works just as well and you won’t even notice the difference in taste.
S'mores Cake video recipe
Author of video content: Preppy Kitchen
Indulge in Delight: Easy S'mores Cake Recipe for Irresistible S'mores Birthday Cake
If you’re searching for a delectable dessert that combines the classic flavors of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers, look no further than a s’mores cake recipe. Whether it’s a special occasion like a s’mores birthday cake or a delightful treat for any day, s’mores cake is sure to please everyone’s taste buds. This indulgent dessert features layers of moist chocolate cake, rich and creamy marshmallow filling, and a delectable graham cracker crust, all perfectly balanced to recreate the beloved campfire treat. The best part is that you don’t have to be a baking expert to make an easy s’mores cake. With simple and readily available ingredients, along with straightforward instructions, you can whip up a delightful s’mores cake that will impress your family and friends. From beginners to experienced bakers, this s’mores cake recipe is accessible to all. Just follow the steps to prepare the cake layers, spread the luscious marshmallow filling, and assemble the cake with the irresistible graham cracker crust. The result is a heavenly creation that captures the essence of s’mores in a delightful cake form. Whether you enjoy it at a birthday celebration or simply as a sweet indulgence, this s’mores cake recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your cravings. So why wait? Treat yourself and your loved ones to the delightful flavors of s’mores with this easy s’mores cake recipe.
Looking for more sweet cake recipes?
Looking for the perfect party decorations for your next celebration?
Look no further than GabiPost.com! They offer a wide variety of unique balloons, including standing balloon decorations and eye-catching foil number balloons. Whether you’re planning a Happy Birthday celebration or a fun-filled Bachelorette party, GabiPost.com has everything you need to make your event unforgettable. Plus, don’t forget to check out their selection of birthday candles to top off your cake in style.