Pavlova cake is a delicious dessert that combines the lightness of meringue with the creaminess of whipped cream and the sweetness of fresh fruit. The pavlova cake recipe is easy to follow, and the result is a stunning and impressive dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The meringue cake pavlova is a great choice for those who are looking for a gluten-free and low-fat dessert option. You can customize your pavlova cake by adding different flavors and toppings to suit your taste. Whether you’re celebrating a special event like a pavlova wedding cake or a pavlova birthday cake, or simply indulging in a sweet treat, the pavlova cake recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings. Try making a strawberry pavlova cake for a delicious twist on the classic recipe!
For the Meringue:
For the Whipped Cream
For the Topping:
How to make Pavlova cake?
For the Meringue:
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Draw a circle between 7 and 8 inches (18-20cm) on a sheet of parchment paper using a plate, bowl, or cake pan. Place the parchment paper drawn side down on a baking sheet and keep it aside.
2. Carefully separate the four egg whites into a small bowl. You can save the yolks for other recipes like French buttercream, custard, or pastry cream.
3. Place the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a clean stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Mix on medium-low speed. Alternatively, you can use an electric hand mixer, but it may take a little more time and patience.
4. Once the egg whites have turned frothy, you can start gradually adding the sugar, one tablespoon at a time. It’s important to avoid dumping the sugar all at once but instead, add it slowly. This method results in a thick, glossy meringue with a delightful marshmallow-like texture.
5. Gently sprinkle the cornstarch onto the meringue, then carefully fold it in using a spatula. Ensure that the cornstarch is evenly incorporated into the mixture.
6. Continue mixing on high speed until stiff peaks form. As you approach the desired consistency, it’s recommended to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure that all ingredients are thoroughly mixed and there are no unmixed portions at the bottom.
7. Gently transfer the meringue onto the prepared baking sheet, shaping it into a round disk with a slight indentation in the center. Use a spatula to carefully shape the sides, creating smooth vertical swoops for an elegant finish, or leave it with a rustic appearance for a more natural look.
8. Preheat the oven to 300F and place your shaped meringue onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Immediately reduce the oven temperature to 250F and bake the meringue for approximately 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. During baking, the meringue will take on a subtle cream color and have a dry, firm exterior while remaining soft on the inside.
9. Once the baking time is complete, turn off the oven and keep the door closed for an hour. This allows the meringue to gradually cool to room temperature. Afterward, you can crack the oven door open for an additional hour. This step helps prevent any sudden changes in temperature. If you’re concerned about humidity affecting the meringue, you can even leave it in the turned-off oven overnight.
For the Whipped Cream:
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using an electric hand mixer), add the cold cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on high speed until soft peaks form. It’s important not to over-mix the cream, as it can quickly turn into butter and curdle.
For the Assembly:
1. Transfer the meringue to a serving dish and generously top it with whipped cream and a variety of fresh cut fruits. Feel free to choose fruits that are in season and visually appealing. You can use a combination of your favorite fruits or whatever you have on hand, as almost any fruit will complement the meringue beautifully.
- It is important to follow the recipe and use the specified ingredients for the best results.
- Superfine sugar works great for pavlovas, but you can also use regular sugar. If using regular sugar, you can process it in a food processor to reduce the grain size. Add it to the meringue mixture slowly.
- The egg whites should be beaten until extra stiff. When you hold the bowl or whisk upside down, the mixture should not move or fall out.
- For precision, draw a 7-8 inch circle on a sheet of parchment paper. Place the paper upside down on a baking sheet to avoid transferring any pencil marks onto the meringue.
- Use small dots of the meringue mixture to hold the parchment paper in place on the baking tray.
- Create a nice dip in the middle of the pavlova before baking to hold the filling.
- If desired, you can make mini pavlovas instead of one large pavlova. Try to make them evenly sized.
- Assemble the pavlova just before serving to prevent the whipped cream and berries from dissolving the meringue.
- Pasteurized eggs from a carton cannot be used to make meringue. Use fresh eggs for best results.
- Ensure that the bowl and whisk you use are super clean. Wash the bowl just before using it or wipe it down with lemon juice or vinegar to remove any fat residue.
- Cracks in the meringue are normal and do not indicate a mistake. The pavlova will still be delicious.
- Allow the meringue to cool completely before decorating to prevent the whipped cream from melting.
- Storage: Baked and unfilled pavlova can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Pavlova Cake video recipe
Author of video content: Preppy Kitchen
Pavlova Cake Recipe: How to Make the Perfect Meringue Cake with Fresh Berries
Pavlova cake is a light, airy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This meringue cake pavlova has a crispy exterior with a soft, marshmallow-like center that is topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit. The pavlova cake recipe is easy to follow and requires only a few ingredients. It can be decorated with strawberries, kiwi, passion fruit, or any other fruit of your choice. A pavlova wedding cake or a pavlova birthday cake is a unique and elegant alternative to traditional cakes. A strawberry pavlova cake, for example, is perfect for a summer wedding or a special occasion. With its delicate texture and fruity flavor, it is sure to impress your guests. So why not try making a pavlova cake for your next special occasion and treat yourself and your guests to this delicious and beautiful dessert!
Looking for more sweet cake recipes?
Looking for the perfect party decorations for your next celebration?
Look no further than GabiPost.com! They offer a wide variety of unique balloons, including standing balloon decorations and eye-catching foil number balloons. Whether you’re planning a Happy Birthday celebration or a fun-filled Bachelorette party, GabiPost.com has everything you need to make your event unforgettable. Plus, don’t forget to check out their selection of birthday candles to top off your cake in style.